Friday, April 07, 2006

upcoming

Some pretty excited news here: it looks like Amber's going to be doing the job I did last summer-- teaching reading classes. It'll be a great experience for her, the chance to improve her own skills while giving kids a leg up on school and fostering a lifelong love of reading while making pretty damn good money. Plus, it will shatter her fear of standing in front of a classroom, which in my opinion is priceless.

Also upcoming is a post from me on this whole Gospel of Judas business. I suppose I should dust off the ol' Early Christian Studies hat and share a couple of my thoughts on the matter, but I want to take some time to do it, and I can't do that at work.

In the meantime, I'd like to draw everyone's attention to this post from a blog in Sugarland, TX that got pictures and video of some of Tom Delay's thugs intimidating people and beating on an older woman during a Nick Lampson rally (Lampson is the Democratic contender in that race, and the frontrunner). The worst part of it is that they have proof that this harassment was organized by Delay's campaign manager. And this is just a single day after Bars and Stripes Delay had the audacity to get all sanctimonious about Cynthia McKinney's misbehavior in the Capitol.

What a snake.

No comments: