Thursday, February 14, 2008

are you fucking kidding me?

David Shuster accuses Hillary Clinton of "pimping out" her daughter, and I have to hear about it on the liberal blogs. Debbie Schlussel photoshops little black candy hearts that say, "Obama and Islam forever," and nobody utters a peep.

But Jane Fonda says "the C-word" and the story floats right to the top of my AP News aggregator by the end of the business day, and with the especially prissy lede "Fonda uses vulgar slang on 'Today.'" Perhaps the most telling aspect of this story is that it took about a dozen stories before I could find what she actually said. It's in reference to The Vagina Monologues:
"I hadn't seen the play. I live in Georgia OK," Fonda said. "I was asked to do a monologue called 'Cunt,' and I said, 'I don't think so, I've got enough problems. And then I came to New York to see Eve and it changed my life."

Wow, how dare she say a slang term for a woman's body part while citing the title of a monologue! That B-word!

My dark funnybone is broken at the thought of Jane Fonda getting trouble for saying "cunt" referencing a play that's partly about how people are too squeamish about vaginae.

The media apparently thinks we're children.

No comments: