Wednesday, September 03, 2008

a bar so low she could roll over it

On my yahoo! news feeder it says Palin's speech could "make or break the GOP's presidential hopes." Um, exactly what are they expecting to happen, for her to break down halfway through the speech, burst into tears, and run off the stage?

It's a speech pre-written for her by professional writers. It's on a teleprompter, so she doesn't even have to memorize anything. All she has to do is stand up there and read it without looking absolutely horrified.

It ain't rocket surgery.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the contrary, I believe "rocket surgery" is exactly what this is.

Mike D. said...

In the always-fun game of inventing names for "that band I was in back in high school," I've always been partial to "The Rocket Surgeons."

Rene said...

That said, she did what she do and the bubbas and fundamentalists are euphoric.

She'll energize the base and make this a much closer race than this should be. The question is, will she appeal to enough soccer moms to swing a state?

I think Obama needs to go back on offense now. His appearance on Oreily could be interesting...

el ranchero said...

I don't know if it's wishful thinking or what, but I think her and Rudy's speeches are both undermined by their reliance on the "Palin's more experienced than the entire Dem ticket" argument, which is so fundamentally weak that I think non-McCain supporters are going to have at least some inchoate sense that something wasn't right about what she was saying.